Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
Your Medicare card and your health insurance card. Where appropriate please bring your DVA card or workers compensation details including claim number and case manager details. Please also bring X-rays, ultrasound, MRI & CT reports, blood results or other relevant information. A referral from your GP or other specialist should be sent to us via fax, email, health link, or in the mail before your appointment.
2. How much will my private appointment at Mr Plant’s St John of God clinic cost?
Initial Consultation is $200 and you will receive a Medicare rebate of $75.05. If you are over 70 your first appointment is $150 with a rebate from Medicare of $75.05. Follow up appointments (within 9 months) are $100 or $70 for the over 70s and Medicare will refund $37.15. If you require surgery Mr Plant is a NO GAP provider for all health funds.
3. Can you process my payment through to Medicare?
Yes. Payment of your account is required in full on the day of your appointment and we can submit your account online to Medicare for immediate processing.
4. Does Mr Plant charge a GAP for surgery?
No. We are a NO GAP practice.
5. When are Mr Plant’s private clinics?
Private clinics at Subiaco Orthopaedics St John of God Hospital Subiaco are Monday one week and Friday the next on an alternating basis. Public clinics are at Royal Perth Hospital every second week and Armadale Hospital each month.
6. Can I see Mr Plant in his private rooms if I don’t have private health insurance?
Yes but you will have to cover all the costs yourself.